Tuesday, August 7, 2012

To the Nether and Back

Nether Fortress Sighted!
After turning most of my solar tower's panels into three low-voltage solar arrays, and putting an MFSU storage device at the top, I decided to take a short break from technical stuff. My church was still unfinished both in the normal and the inverse versions.

I took another trip to the Nether and did some exploring. Digging in one direction nearly dropped me into the lava ocean, and I was just about to give up on the other when I broke into a field of soul sand and the surface. Exploring a bit, I found exactly what I was looking for: a Nether fortress. The reason for this is that, while the normal church's catacombs are made of marble brick blocks, I decided to make the inverse catacombs out of Nether bricks. I needed at least one Nether brick in order to make more with my transmutation tablet.
The Spoils of War

While I was there, though, I had to explore the fortress a little. Sadly, it seems to be made almost entirely out of the bridge I first saw, leading to a small set of rooms that had a Blaze spawner. I'm not a big fan of Blazes if only because of how tough they can be to fight with you don't have snowballs. I was able to kill enough to bring a single blaze rod back home with me, though, and added it to the chest filled with the rest of the mob drops I've collected since I started this world.
Construction on the Inverse Catacombs Begins

When I got back home, I turned a few stacks of sand into Nether bricks at a four-to-one ratio. Thankfully, the inverse church itself will be made out of basalt cobblestone, which is a fair bit less expensive to create. Interestingly enough, soul sand is worth 49 transmutation energy apiece!

I know it's a small update, but I had gone a few days without taking screenshots for the blog and I wanted to put something up. It can sometimes be tough to find things interesting enough to take screenshots of, but I'll do my best for the few of you who still read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment