Thursday, March 29, 2012

Delicious Solar Energy

Solar Tower Rebuilt
After a lot of work and using up almost all of my copper ore, I finally have my solar tower back up and running. All twenty-five panels are in place with a battery box and cables running down underground, into a new MFE in my basement workshop. As of this moment I've pretty much regained all of the machinery and power resources that I had lost when I accidentally borked my mods.
Rebuilt Basement Workshop



The way I placed the machines in the basement is a bit odd, but there's a reason. Before they were placed right up against the wall with the insulated cables hidden from view in an attempt to look more smooth. I still may do that, but I'm not entirely sure yet. I don't really -need- a bunch of room down there, as I'm keeping all of my ores and valuables in the storage warehouse basement which is just a short walk through the village underground.
My Bedroom and Study
I haven't taken many pictures of my new house's interior, so I thought I'd share another, this time of the second floor bedroom/study. The enchantment table is only there temporarily, as I think I'll eventually put it somewhere in the church; perhaps I'll use one as the pulpit at the front?

My attempt at using some of the experience I'd gained through so much monster fighting to give myself some nice perks. The diamond sword got Knockback I, which is pretty good, all things considered. I'd have maybe liked a damage enchant, but it's all right. My diamond pickaxe (as I had needed to make one to get the obsidian I needed for the enchantment table itself) ended up only getting Efficiency I, though I had really been hoping for Silk Touch, especially in case I need to move any of those bookshelves later on. Since I had some extra XP left, I enchanted my bronze chestpiece.. and got Fire Resistance II. Given that I try to stay away from all sources of fire and tend to hit any lava I find with a bucket of water, it kind of feels like a waste.
New Village Wheat Farm

I also moved the rubber tree farm and the wheat farm over as needed. These two were a lot easier than expected, given that I only had to move each one or two blocks. I'd had nightmares about having to move multiple streets and buildings around. The wheat farm is now fully planted and the fences were pushed out one block to give me a little room to walk around the edge of the plots when I had to harvest or replant. The rubber farm is still missing five or so trees, but most of the ones that have grown so far seem to have a nice number of resin spots on their trunks.

There's really only a few things left to do before my "village relocation, part two" is finished. Just two buildings to move and two to add, one of which being the rail station. After that I can focus on fixing the fountain, building a set of rails off to the sinkhole mine and getting back to work on the church.


No comments:

Post a Comment