Saturday, March 24, 2012

Even More Village Shifting

Storage Warehouse Basement
I finished the interior of the new storage warehouse recently. I even carved out the basement level, giving it quite a bit of storage room. I think I may keep the ores and dusts on the lowest level because, as you can see in the screenshot, there's a tunnel leading underground. That tunnel will follow the major roads of my village and have exits in every major house. Think of it like a sewer system or safe travel tunnel. Any wires or pipes I'll need I will try to hide down in these tunnels, though naturally with room for me to walk around.
Rebuild Village Home

I also shifted and rebuilt my home in the village, though went back to the original oak logs on either side of the windows in order to better mix with the village's normal look. Before I was finished, however, I added a second story to the house. Upstairs will be the bed and a study, perhaps with a jukebox or enchanting table. Downstairs will be a small kitchen and seating area, and in the basement will be the machine shop and access to the village tunnel system.
That'sssss a nice... forget it. Creepers suck.

One of the dangers of having an open-air construction area like I do with my IC2 machines and all is that the nightly-spawned monsters have free reign to come bother me. I had just hopped onto the crafting table to slap something together when I heard a hiss and a flash of green bumping against me. I'm glad I was wearing my bronze armor or he would have done more than blow a hole in the new warehouse.
Watching the Trees Grow

Every time I need wood, I'll sprint off to the tundra on the western and southern borders of the desert my village rests in. Some time ago I realized that it was far enough away that some of the trees I had been cutting down weren't regrowing while I was away, and so for the past while (as I write this, in fact) I've been standing atop a cobblestone tower, alt-tabbed while in my inventory screen so that the trees can grow.

As you can see, life in NameWorld's village is kind of boring right now. I'll try to finish up the building movement soon, and work to finish up some of my older projects like the church and the train station. I've been thinking to work on the latter soon, as then I could send a railway off to the swamplands where the Sinkhole Mine is, as I'm sure to need a lot of resources if I'm going to rebuild that damned solar tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment