Wednesday, March 28, 2012

More Work Around the Village

Villagers Hanging Around the Riverside
While doing work around the village, I happened to glance down at the river that runs between the desert and the tundra to the west. Apparently all of my villagers decided to hang out on the west banks. Without ever upgrading my MineCraft's main JAR file, they likely won't ever return to their houses. I've considered someday popping into Creative mode and using spawn eggs to place some villagers around, but I haven't decided yet.
Blacksmith and Partially-Built Diner


The blacksmith was easier to move than I had thought it would. I made a copy of my NameWorld save folder so I could refer back to the design in a more three-dimensional way. Beforehand I had tried to sketch out the designs with graph paper, but this is much easier. Across the street from the church was a butcher's shop, and diagonally across from the church was a home. I removed the home completely and moved the butcher's shop into its place, but instead I built it as a diner.
Village Diner
When I realized that the town had two butcher's shops, I had decided to just get rid of one. I thought I would keep all of my prepared food in a chest in whichever one I kept to use as a central storage. Somehow the design changed to become a diner with a sort of patio seating area out front. Inside are four cobblestone furnaces, a couple crafting benches and a standard double-chest. I'll probably upgrade this in the future; I may even send some cables over from the solar tower to power some electric furnaces. It's always been one of my dreams to have a village or city in MineCraft with powered lamps and such.
Diner Interior and Kitchen

Speaking of the solar tower, I am almost ready to create my twenty five solar panels so I can rebuild it. All I have to do is shift over the cobblestone pavement at its base, build the stone brick tower, place the panels and run some cable down to a battery box. Then I can move my IC2 machinery back into the basement of my house and use the limitless solar energy to help try and finish off the village-shifting efforts.

I even had some ideas toward how to make a good rail system, but I'll leave that for another day, when I've got some screenshots to help explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment