Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Belated Update is Belated

I went to bed last night thinking about what projects I had for the next time I played MineCraft in SSP. It helped to have an idea of what I had to do left as to remind me I've got a lot to do. Earlier I had sort of "stalled out" on NameWorld if only because I felt like my only major project was continuing work on the church, which would require mining for the cobblestone I'd need.
Oil Pool Removed
One of those projects was to remove the pool of oil at the corner of the village and store it for later. That went a lot faster than I expected it to, if only because redstone engines take so long to heat up. As you can see in the screenshot, the entire pool was removed just by placing the BuildCraft pump in a central location above it, powered by a pair of redstone engines and shunting all of the liquid into a few glass holding tanks. Eventually I'll build a "liquid storage" warehouse nearby to house all of my oil, as well as potentially water and lava.
Oil Geyser Pump

Seeing how well the pump worked in the oil pool made me rush ahead to build a similar construction in the nearby mountain, where an oil geyser her erupted early on in my time on NameWorld. With how far the geyser is from the village and with it being on the opposite side of the village from where I was considering the liquid storage warehouse, I'll have to transport it over there. I'm thinking of using the "tank carts" from RailCraft, as I can set up a system where the carts stop, are filled with oil, and then sent along their merry way automatically.
Church Work Continues
Of course, while these pumps were running, I did more work on the church. You can see that one length of wall is just about done, complete with the tall glass pane windows. I'm not going to start building the steeple until I finish the peak of the roof, as I'm not sure where to start it or how tall to make it. I've never built a church before, and I really hope that it end sup looking good at the end.
View From the Dais


I had originally planned to have a secret area in the back of the church that led down to a nether portal room. Although that idea is still in the works, I've altered it somewhat: now a staircase will lead down to a level below the church that will act like a catacombs of sorts, with marble bricks and perhaps some caskets. One of those will be the secret entrance down to the nether portal, which will be built far enough away from the surface that you won't be able to hear the portal's ambient "woop woop" sounds from the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment