Friday, February 17, 2012

Rebuilding and Relocating

After talking to a few friends (Ferret and new friend Jaffa), I've found out that the way to fix my energy-born detonation problem is with a low-voltage transfer box, and so with the help of NotEnoughItems, I have made one. Don't worry, I didn't cheat; turns out there's a handy little recipe feature that shows you what turns into what to make what in-game. That will be -invaluable- in the days to come.
Last Night's Devastation

Turns out the damage was slightly different from what I had thought. One of the two electric furnaces escaped the blast but almost all of the copper cable was gone, as well as a bit of my basement's back wall.

Some more information from Ferret and Jaffa explained that I had basically wasted half of every single ore I had turned into an ingot. How? By not macerating the ore and smelting the resulting ore dust! If I had known that earlier, I'd have enough refined iron to finish off my solar panels. I currently have enough supplies to make 22 of them, and I'm planning on a nice little 25-panel pyramid array like I've seen in several fancy screenshots.
Rebuilding the Machine Shop Begins

I began rebuilding the machine shop. I decided I wanted to streamline the cables as well as hiding them as someone would when actually building and wiring their own house. The bad news to this setup is that I placed the multi-functional electric storage unit (also known as an MFE; it's basically the next step up from a battery box) in a place that made it a little unwieldy to get at when I wanted to recharge any of my electric tools.

I also shifted things around a bit. Now from left-to-right is a pair of electric furnaces, the extractor, a new macerator and then compressor. There's two spots left at the far end that I'm sure I'll fill with something-or-other before too long. Every time I worry that I've gotten close to the end of IC2's technological options someone mentions something I've never even heard of. Another tidbit I had guessed at was the notion that when you see which logs of a rubber tree give resin, you've seen the ONLY logs of that tree that will give resin. I had three deadbeat trees in my rubber tree farm stringing me along every time I went out to tap them.
Cue the "The Incredible Hulk" End Credits Theme

While the logs and resin were reducing to rubber, the cobblestone was cooking for more stone bricks and logs were turning to charcoal to fuel my hungry little MFE, I decided to continue fixing the village. You'd be amazed how judgemental the stare of the villagers can be when you've just released them from the confines of their tiny two-by-three hut by demolishing it around them. That's right, guy. You walk off into the desert. Don't think I don't know your game.
Possible Guard Shack?

The final screenshot of this entry is the work-in-progress of relocating the hut across the street from the ungrateful villager I helped escape his tiny closet-abode. As this was one of the nicer looking huts (the kind with the three-by-three interior and the ladders leading up to a small rooftop patio), I decided to move this one down the street to possibly act as some kind of guard shack for the village. Before getting into IC2 and the rest of these mods I had considered building a wooden fence all the way around the village, and I still might.

I decided to take a break from MineCraft due to hunger, but not before I had done a bit of work shifting one of the other, larger houses, the ones shaped like the one I use as my home. I'm moving it over a bit and closer to the path that went along where the guard shack originally was. Not only will this take up some of the empty spot left there, but as it was one of the homes buried in the sand, it will definitely make the place seem more realistic.

Oh, and before I forget, I finally removed the cobblestone safety-cap on the town well and filled it in with sand. After adding in the cobblestone crossroads above it, it's like it was never there to begin with. If I play more tonight I'll try to remember to take pictures of the house I'm moving, and maybe a new, cropped Cartograph_G render map.

No comments:

Post a Comment