Thursday, February 23, 2012

Work on the Village Church Begins

Ground Broken for the New Village Church
Sorry for the lack of update yesterday; and for the shortish one for today. I've been worrying over some personal issues lately and haven't been very big into a MineCraft mood.

Anyway, I spent a bit of time last night trying to design both a good idea for the new village church and the village rail station. I've got some ideas for both, but as the church was more "finished" in my notes, I started work on that. It's going to be the biggest building in all of the NameWorld village, and perhaps rightfully so. It's just not so easy to get the proper shape and such of a church without upping the scale a fair bit.
Don't Think I Don't See You There

Of course, given the size of the church, as well as the fact that almost the entire thing is going to be made out of cobblestone, I found my supplies of it dwindling down to nothing quickly. Early one MineCraft morning I decided to return to my branch mine in the hopes of digging out some more branches and noticed a creeper standing on top of the village fountain. Looks like I'll have to put some torches up there.. I don't want a repeat of the last time.
Some Progress Made, but Not Much
Even with a trip down toward bedrock, I didn't gather nearly enough cobblestone to do all that much. The floor is done save for the center isle, the pews are in, and there's some work on where the big windows will be. I haven't added the windows themselves, mostly because I'm not sure how tall I want the church to be.

I don't want to give away too much about the church before I get screenshots, however. I think it's going to look quite nice, and I don't want to spoil it for everyone! Just know that there'll be a reason or two as to why being around the church will seem a bit creepy. Perhaps the villagers know more than they let on~

No comments:

Post a Comment